View Single Post
Old May 19, 2011, 8:20 AM   #1
ceh5100

Default D3100 or D5100 (warning long) :)

Hi, I am a newbie coming from a point and shoot digital cam over to a DSLR and this is my first post.

This is real funny. After a short research, I decided to get a Nikon D3100 I saw where it was better then the D3000, and would be nice for a beginner like me. I picked up the camera yesterday. However, since yesterday I have been skimming the internet sucking up all the info..With that said, and this is the funny part, the d3100 is still in the box, never opened, and from reading a couple forums/threads, I am taking it back. I am going to chunk out the extra $300+ and get the d5100.

I don't plan on getting another camera for a long while, and I have other hobbies, so I need another full blown hobby like I need a hole in the head. My other hobbies demand pictures.. Racing motorcycles, riding bicycles. and working out.

I am looking at the features the d5100 has over the d3100. I know the d3100 is way too much camera for me, but we all have a lot a kid in us, and I am 70 years old, and got a lot of kid in me. The kid in me is saying get the d5100!!

With that said, I will be taking the unopened d3100 back, and getting the d5100.

Will be sneaking that past the wifee too..

Wish me luck, and like to hear some comments if I made the right decision.. Going to try to get that 55-200 AFS lens too..

ceh
70, old, dirty & fast
ceh5100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links