View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:30 AM   #6
Scott C

Happy New Year to you guys too.

I checked Amazon.ca and found a couple of reliable Canadian sellers and some high feedback sellers on eBay too. I only wish Amazon took Paypal. In the past I've ordered items from the US and didn't have to pay any duty as they were under $20 and from individuals, but anything shipped from a business seems to raise red flags and we are charged duty on what they think the cost should be, but that's a story for another time.

I've been looking at the charger and battery combos and that seems to be the best way to go. Saves on swapping batteries in and out of the camera. Plus with the car charger adapter it opens up other charging methods too. Like this one

http://www.amazon.ca/GTMax-KLIC-7004.../ref=pd_sim__1

Fishy, like you I can't believe the cost of the batteries at the store. Sure they are better then the generics, but at 6x the cost ? I don't think so. If a $4 battery lasts just over an hour for 6 - 12 months before you need to replace it, you can buy 5 of those for the cost of 1 brand name that may die in a 1.5 year period.

Another question. Have you guys tried those 1300 mAh batteries in your Kodak's ? With the original being 940 mAh and some of the generics being only 840 mAh the higher capacity ones seem to be the ones to look for.
Scott C is offline   Reply With Quote