Thread: Geneseo Airshow
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:35 AM   #7
MadMikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
Love these old planes - perfect shutter speed / panning for these Mike.
Yeah, I have to say that I like the WWII era planes the best. This is a great airshow for these planes. It's run by the the 1941 Historical Aircraft Group and they operate out of a small turf airfield. I've been to this show 3 years in a row now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
The panning shot is VERY cool, but I like all of them. Neat shots! Someday I'll go to an air show, I haven't been to one for many years, before photography. It would have been a good one to photograph, it was on one of the military air bases in Germany (don't remember which now).
I've gone to maybe 5 or 6 airshows in the last 5 years. This one is put on every year and I think it's my favorite. I like fighter jets and all but the older planes seem to be more interesting to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
I agree with Kevin, perfict SS and nice panning. First show I went to I froze too many propellers on flying aircraft
Hans
I was using about 1/200 shutter speed for these shots. Seems to work out nicely for prop blur and still let me get some good sharp shots panning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simowills View Post
Wonderful BIF pic's, great stuff.

Simon
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Good panning shots! I still find it challenging to catch the prop blur and yet maintain a sharp image. I caught that P-51 a few weeks ago at the Indianapolis Air Show...small world.

Jehan
This P-51 was also accompanied by a truck that was showing a 30 min documentary about the Tuskegee Airmen and this plane restoration. The sad thing is that the man who was instrumental in it's restoration crashed it in I think 2006 which also killed him. But it's a credit to the group that restored it that they decided to pick up the pieces and restore it again after the crash. They also charge $1500 to anyone who wants to take a 30min flight in it as a passenger.