View Single Post
Old May 9, 2013, 9:46 AM   #8
MarceloLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
Hey Marcelo

Those look fab and esp the first one .. I'd love to have something like that or have a J Garden nearby where I could go to.

I've been to the one in Portland several times - it was the first Japanese Garden that I had ever been too and probably the best so far. It knocked me for 6 the first time and every time after its been better, the views are stunning and the tranquility and calm as soon as you enter the gardens is something else. Looks really stunning in the fall .. !
Harj,

I was told is a Japanese Garden inside Holland Park, but never visited because it was winter when I visited London.

You are so lucky to had the chance to visit the Portland JG, I saw some pictures and it is majestic specially in fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticdesigns View Post
Love the series! My fav has got to be the 2nd B&W. It really moves towards abstraction and just study of lines, curves, shapes. I also like the #7. Very subtle, but loads of nice texture in there to explore.

As for colour vs. B&W, I guess so many ways to think about it. B&W abstracts and separates it from what we see everyday, like the tree. It's its own exploration. But sometimes the subject can be colour, like the fish or #6 with the warm red leaves against the cool blue sky.

Keep them coming!
Thank you for the feedback I really appreciate it, the second is the winner of that day and my favorite as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Have to agree with Harj & Glen, the second image in B&W is superb.

Zig
Thank you Zig.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote