View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:32 PM   #1
Pastor

Default DLSR "equivalent" to Sony's DSC-HX300/B (50x Optical)

Hello all,

I'm afraid I need help and I am embarrassed this might be a really stupid question?

I love architecture, especially industrial architecture. This though means I need a camera that will allow me to get the best close-up detail I can, but usually from a long distance away (like from down on the ground)!

I have been desperately reading about cameras as my old Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 has given up the ghost. The optical 18x zoom lens on it was so useful, that I decided my new camera should be able to get me at least that close.

I came down to either Sony's DSC-HX300/B with it's 50x optical fixed lens, or the Canon PowerShot SX50 HS. My problem is that I know I am always going to be wanting a DSLR though. My budget will stretch to about $2-3000 if I save up (including lens). I would rather spend it all on one camera rather than two though, but I would need one that will allow me to get a picture that looks as close as say a 24x compact camera would, or even closer if possible. I am looking at cameras like the Nikon D7100 (although the reports of poor quality control is concerning me). Perhaps a EOS Rebel T4i might be better then?

I appreciate that shake will be a problem at these longer focal lengths and I would appreciate good low-light capabilities as super zoom and a badly-overcast day, or even dawn/dusk shooting when there are no visitors around, is something I have to do sometimes.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mike
Pastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links