View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:23 AM   #3
NHL

Hey thanks Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
Would you care to enlighten me as to the pp you have done as well
Thanks, Phil
I don't like to spend too much time in Photoshop (as I rather shoot) nowadays, so I usually 'cheat' with either OnOne or Topaz plugins

For the 1st picture I used an OnOne 'Dreamland' filter which not only smoothed out the skin, but also added an HDR effect. For the 2nd shot I used the 'Charge More Money' filter which again smoothed the skin, and also applied a glow effect (usually used to enhance portrait).
The trick here was to apply the filters on their own separate layer so I could reduce the opacity, and let the original images textures and sharpness flow through from their bottom background layers.

I then do the B/W conversion in Topaz, although I tend to use NIK more often for critical Black and White

To finish I applied 'FocalPoint 2' another OnOne plugin which not only let me selectively defocus the peripheral but also varied the amount of vignetting.

The whole thing happened very quick as I have already recorded these steps with their own action keys, so theses only took a few keystrokes (3), and some mouse sliders to adjust the amounts (opacity, B/W de-saturation, and focus regions) in between before resizing and saving the images.
Hope this help, just let me know if you want me to capture a few screen shots...

Last edited by NHL; Jul 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote