View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:03 PM   #4
gjtoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biro View Post
Hi, Gary. Yes, the Bigma has occured to me as well as the Sigma 150-500. But we're talking about essentially $1000 lenses, which is out of the question for me, at least right now.

I wish that 135-400(ish) lens that has been on Pentax's roadmap for a while would finally be introduced. But even that would only take me out as far as my Panasonic 100-600 and it'll probably be $1000, given Pentax's modern pricing.

That's why your Fuji HS50 has caught my attention. For $350, it punches above its weight as does the Canon SX50. I'm sure I can still get a fair amount with the DA 55-500. But a good bridge camera might be worth it for the real reach - at least for a while.
I like Fuji's S series because their zoom control is EXACTLY like a DSLR. It doesn't have that stupid little toggle around the shutter button that you can never get exactly where you want. And, Fuji truly improves their stuff. Not like a lot of others that add a bunch of gewgaws that you'll rarely (if ever) use. The improvement in power-up time and autofocus speed over the previous model is amazing and blazingly fast. Don't get me wrong. It takes some getting used to. But, everything new does. And, it ain't perfect. But, then... NO camera is.

It's a great grab-and-go, keep-in-the-car camera, too. Especially, when you don't want to lug around all your "stuff"!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote