View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2004, 6:33 AM   #1
zaheer

I have used my 15 years old VIVITAR285 ZOOM THYRISTOR flash on many SLRs including my CANON EOS Elan 2, it has consistently out-performed my SPEEDLIGHT 420ex in terms of zoom coverage and exposure. I think it to be the best semi-auto 3rd party flash ever made. On some web forums its trigger voltage was described as a big "con" for using it on AF SLRs for it could "fry" the modern SLRs circuits. Well it never happened to me, but some-one advised me "it doesn't mean it (frying) will never happen to you".

Having elaborated that back-ground, i have ordered F-10 after thoughtful comparison with CAnon G5, Nikon 5700, and Olympus c-5060. One big reason for the order is f-10's 3rd party flash acceptence. I haven't received the box yet and i am asking for any experiance/recommendations regarding its use with VIV 285. I read some where that the f-10's hot shoe can safely handeltrigger volts up 24DCV, if that is correct, i think in theory i will be able to mount VIV285 on its (F10)top 'cause i ve been doing this with Elan2frequentlywhich reportedly permits trigger volts of only 6DCV.......

I read people playing with SUNPAK383 on F-10 and i assume the VIV 285 would live the same way.....but no rooms for assumptions with a USD 500 OUT_CLASS DGCAM...
zaheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links