View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2003, 12:23 AM   #1
JiB

Default "no fault" warrantee question

This is my first post on this forum. Iím a total newbee at digital photography, but learning a lot from the reviews and most importantly all of you on the discussion boards.

I'm planning on purchasing my first digital camera within the next few weeks, more than likely a Canon G3 or something similar. One of the camera shops in town offers with I think is called a "no fault" service policy that covers any and all damages (like dropping a camera in the river). Since the camera will be used outdoors & on the water quite a bit the no fault warranty is particularly attractive to me. I have visions of dropping an expensive camera in the river while trying to photograph a friend landing a nice fish & ending up with an expensive paperweight. I'm researching waterproof bags that will allow me to use the camera while it's in the bag but would feel more comfortable with some coverage to protect my investment.

My question is this; is this type of "no fault" warranty available through the mail order & Internet dealers? Do any of you have experience with this type of warrantee?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John
JiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links