View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2005, 7:00 AM   #19
RodneyBlair

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
My thanks to all for your advice and delicately worded explanations. I don't begrudge an honest critical appraisal of any of my posts. It's not necessary to approach me with any more than reasonable politeness, even so, my compliments to all of you for an outstanding example of diplomacy. Amazingly, no one tried to stir the pot. A lot of thought was put into this topic, much of it to point out to me the benign nature of comments I took exception to. For whatever reason, this particulair "style" of advice is not to my liking, and having made that clear, and seeing a new forum being offered, I will let this lie. Some time ago I PM'd this critic and did so in the hope we could debate this privately without distracting other members, and conclude this in a friendly fashion. I got a reply through the forum declining my offer. Either way we have a conclusion, and I'm ok with it. Best regards,

KennethD
My sincere apologies if your were offended, Kenneth. Somehow in the PM to me I read you were interested in comments to help you take your portrait photography to the next level. Of course, it was difficult to decipher with all the sexual orientation comments. Additionally, you didn't hesitate to make critical comments about the first images I shared here. Considering all comments, I concluded you were interested in this type of exchange.

Every time I visit my local camera dealer, there are always individuals just like you and I in the shop complaining that there pictures aren't coming out right. They quickly assume they have purchased the wrong camera or the camera is defective. Everyone wants their pictures to be properly exposed and be the best quality possible even if it is a silly candid shot. I often hear how noisy or grainy the images are from people who are new to digital. They do not realize that the majority of the time the noise is due to poor exposure. Unfortunately, most are not aware they have places like this forum where they can get suggestions to improve their understanding of how various elements affect an image.

You asked if I can get a great image outdoors in less than ideal lighting and the answer to that question is, "Yes I can". Once you learn to manipulate light and work within various lighting conditions, you can do anything you want. My Outdoor Shot with Strobe is one example and the Flash Techniques thread is another example. Also, Steve posted his Marie images which were all shot outdoors in direct sunlight. Frank has posted some fine examples too.

Best regards,
Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote