View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2005, 1:22 AM   #34
Barron

I have both the ip6000d and the ip5000. After much testing it seems a no brainer. If you do not need the stand alone aspects of the ip6000d, get the ip5000. I have found more acurate colors, and when printing the same image from both printers at their respective best qualities (ie: custom #1), the ip5000 has a much sharper detailed image -noticable even on a 4x6 print. I did have to use the vivid option with the ip5000 to increase the intensity as others have said though, and found this better then raising the intensity level itself by 10%. I know some here have said that the ip6000d still has a better gamut with it's 6 inks , but I have not found that to be true. In fact there is a distinct red push in the 6000d that can be seen in items that should be white. Now all that said, I am fairly cretain that with enough calibrating these printers should be able to be made to look very similar gamut wise, but again there is no excaping the increased detail and crispness of the ip5000. The 1 pl absolutely makes up for the now 2 unneeded ink cartiridges. Add to thatthe fact thatit is faster, has dedicated large black ink for test, and has better defined text... and there you have it... a no brainer. Buy.com has it for $149.00 minus $20 rebate = $129... a bargain!!!

Now, the real question is how will the ip5000 stack up against the new 1 pl ip4200 with it's new inks and papers due out in August... Hummm a new thread I do see...
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote