Could somebody comment on the below trick to remove AutoFocus Motor Noise at all (maybe applicable to other DC than V550 as well):
1. Estimate the distance of the scene you are taking video of. E.g. in a 10m x 10m room, the average distance will be about 5m.
2. Turn-off "Continuous Focus" after you've selected Video Mode.
3. Start the recording by pointing the V550 at something about 5m away.
4. Then for the rest of the video, the focus is hard-locked to 5m.
5. So the worse case out of focus is when subject is about:
5m +/- 4m
assuming subjects don't come too close to the DC or the Wall.