View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2005, 9:58 PM   #3
slecompte

Thanks Bill!

First, I am using the Canon ink, just opened the printer about 2 weeks ago and haven't had time to mess with it. I am using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy and yes I have it in the correct way.

I am using the Canon Easy Photo Print, so from what I read on another page here, no matter what you set your printer settings too, it doesn't use them?? I did try decreasing the intensity and making sure ICM was turned off, but nothing changed - which makes me definitely believe that it doesn't go by the setting changes.

The printer is brand new, not refurb. We did the color check and it looked ok, I have not done a nozzle clean. Someone else recommended taking my magenta cart from my I950 and place it in the 4000 just to see if it is an ink cart issue. But when printing from my 950, I am using same paper, same program and they come out just fine...

I will try the clean now just to see. I was *thinking* since it was brand new I wouldn't need to do that, but you never know.

Thanks again for taking your time to reply! I will post my results after doing the cleaning.

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote