View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:06 AM   #2
terryf1960

Daikomyo wrote:

yes it will cost you dearly for zoom lenses with IS. I just recently bought the FZ30 and love it. I really have to get used to the work flow as with my 20D there was always lots of post processing involved. With the FZ 30 other than cleaning up the noise there is nothing to do. They look great right out of camera. You will probably be surprised that your pictures will seem not to look as good out of the camera. I find the FZ30 is as good and in some ways better than my 20D with the 17-40mm F4L lens and the 50mm 1.8. But definetly not with my 24-70mmF2.8L and the 70-200mm F2.8L IS. The FZ30 will never be able to handle the lowlight capabilities of those lenses. Of course your talking $5000 Canadian in lenses. With the Rebel I've seen great pictures (better than the FZ30) taken with the kit lens. But low light capabilities are about the same. The big advantage is the abilitie to boost your ISO to 1600 and still get way cleaner images than the FZ cameras. This is where those types of cameras just can't compete. The big disadvantage is that DSLRs are a money pit. You'll buy one and the spending never stops. Its hard to resist the temptation to buy better lenses. And just try matchng the focal range you have on your FZ.
Quote:
Hi

I have a Panasonic FZ10 which has been great for its fantastic zoom and anti shake setting but I'd like to improve my photos and was thinking of the Canon as my first DSLR. I am worried about losing the two qualities of the fz10 though. I am unwell so have slightly trembly hands and the zoom was important for some of my favourite wildlife shots so can I get by with the Canon do you think?

I appreciate any of your thoughts. thank you.

Rich
terryf1960 is offline   Reply With Quote