View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:48 PM   #8
JimC
Administrator

langleau wrote:
Quote:
Wow! you must be on your computer 24/7.
Nah, of course not. I try to sleep an hour here and there. ;-)

Quote:
I have a second handDhanish light box any suggestions or trickswhen using aNikonCoolpixwith these?
Well, that's probably the most important thing (using one of the older Nikon Coolpix "Swivel Bodied"models with it). LOL

I'm not familiar with their products. But, it looks like they have good advise on their web site, which says this:

Quote:
We recommend to use Nikon Coolpix 4500 (4Mega Pixels) Digital Camera with Dhanish Imaging Box
[/quote][/quote] :-)

It appears that there is a cutout for the lens in the top of it (hard to tellfrom it's photos). It shows a photo with a Nikon Coolpix 4500 on top.

That may serve as a stable enough platform for the camera if you're careful with it so that you don't get any motion blur from camera shake while taking the photos.

The Nikon Coolpix models I mentioned (Coolpix 990, 995, 4500) all have a great macro mode. When you select it, you can zoom in or out until the macro (flower icon) changes color for the lens "sweet spot", where you'll get the least distortion. But, you can use other focal lengths with it to if that's not "just right" for this particular light box for the desired framing of the subject.

You'll need to experiment for best results. You may also want to use the custom white balance feature usinga white card in the lighting you'll use to set it for better results.

Are you already familar with using an editor to crop your photos and make basic enhancements? That can come in handy, too.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote