View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2005, 8:17 PM   #8
rinniethehun

Robert,

I just finished looking at some of your soccer pics (oddly enough, I couldn't see them in Netscape...I had to use IE)...you took them, correct? I don't really see a need for stabilization or a cable release. The outdoor pics look fine...it's the indoor pics that are blurred. That's due to a slow shutter speed...it has nothing to do with coordination or a lack, thereof. A classic example is Game 3, img_0478.jpg. The players and coaches on the sidelines are in focus, and the players on the court are blurred - to the point that one of the girls (closest to the wall) is almost invisible. If you jerked the camera, everyone would be equally blurred, including the netting and the wall. I don't think it's you.

I'd be willing to bet that a decent prosumer cam, such as the Fuji S9000 would give you enough ISO to enable fast enough shutter speeds to freeze the action in that pic. It would give you a decent wide angle as well as a good tele, and save you hundreds of dollars over a DSLR and two lenses.

I'm not trying to talk you out of a DSLR - you can't beat their speed and quality, but if dollars are a concern, there are a couple of high ISO consumer cams out there that might be more than sufficient for your needs.

Good luck.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote