View Single Post
Old May 26, 2003, 5:57 PM   #2
lill

Default Re: Changing program to edit image in Windows and FAX Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisrue
I use Windows and FAX Viewer to view my photos in XP. I don't recall how or if I set it up this way, but at one time I had Photoshop 5.5 installed and when I clicked on "Closes this program and open the image for editing" it took me to Photoshop. I later uninstalled Photoshop and installed Photoshop Elements. Now when I click on "Closes this program, etc." , it brings up Windows Paint, which is useless. I reinstalled Photoshop, but it still brings up Paint. Could someone please advise me on how (or if) I can change the settings to get back to going to either Photoshop or Photoshop Elements to edit my photos. I cannot find anything in options, preferences, etc. to make that change. I am strictly an amateur at both computers and digital photography. I use the edit programs mainly to just rotate photos or lighten dark ones, no sophisticated stuff. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Run regedit

Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ SystemFileAssociations\ image\shell\edit\command

Click the key here, and enter the location of the picture editor you wish to use,
e.g., "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe" "%1". The default program
is MS paint, i.e., "%systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1"
lill is offline   Reply With Quote