View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2006, 4:43 PM   #1
WildAboutAnimals

I cannot believe I just lost my whole message....:evil:

Anyway, what I was saying was I am interested in purchasing two lenses. My current setup is canon 10D, 50mm f/1.4, 100mm f/2.8 macro. I like taking pictures of wildlife, my 1 year old, pets and I like taking pictures in available light.

The lenses I am looking at is the canon 16-35mm f/2.8L, 17-40mm f/4L, 24-70mm f/2.8L, 24-105 f/4L IS and the 70 -200mm f/2.8L IS. Now I am pretty sure that I will purchase the 70-200. But I am having a hard time deciding between the super wide and the wide zooms. Aside from that I am leaning towards the f/2.8 lenses because of my interest in available light photography. I do have two vacations planned for the next year. This year I will be going to San Francisco and next year I will be going to Alaska. This is what kind of sparked the need for two new lenses.

Two things bother me about the super wide lenses. One is I am not sure if it will be a good walkaround lens. And two, if I did choose the 16-35 and the 70-200 there will be a big gap. But I do have the 50 f/1.4 to compensate for the gap.

So, will the 16-35 be a good walkaround lens? or would one of the others (24-70 or 24 - 205) be a better one?

Can someone offer some words of wisdom? I am driving myself batty over this :? I think I am the most indecisive person in the world.

Thanks
Jennifer
WildAboutAnimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links