View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:15 PM   #7
meanstreak

sail978 wrote:
Quote:
I still see that Walmart has them for $699. I presently have an Olympus digital and want to move up. I still have a lot to learn about about cameras and I'm wondering if this camera is going to be too hard for me to use. I shoot mostly outdoor sports and scenery. Since I'm on a boat when I shoot sailing (I do a lot of video with a Panasonic PV GS400), I thought the anti shake would be great. I also am thinking of getting the Tamron 70-300 lens from EBay.

Am I going to get in over my head with this or will I be able to grow into it? Any imput is appreciated.

The best thing about the 7D and probably most of the DSLRs is that you can use them like a point and shoot. I say most just in case on the doesn't have that capability. Some will argue that if you don't learn to use aDSLR and only use as a point and shot it is a waste of money, but I disagree.Even if you only use it as a point and shoot, it still takes better pictures than anypoint and shoot. Some super high-end point and shoots may comeclose if they are using a large sensor like the Sony R1, but it still can'tcompare to a DSLRand you can't switch lenses.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote