View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:09 PM   #4
Corpsy

Logan, your understanding is accurate. Luxowell, I agree that the first shot needed to have more in focus. To me, it doesn't appear that any of that shot is completely in focus.

Make sure you're either using a remote shutter switch or the self timer, and turn off any stabilization (which I don't think you have in that setup).

The 2nd and 3rd shot are technically fine, but there's not much artistic going on in these shots. As they are rather generic images, and I'm assuming sharp at high resolution, these could be sold to a clipart site I'm sure. That isn't meant as any kind of criticism, images like these can be very useful.

I'd suggest you experiment with more interesting groupings of objects. Oftentimes it's wise to take multiple shots at different aperture settings to get a different sense of depth. Also play with lighting and shadows, and try using reflectors. When photographing reflective metals, you can do interesting things by creating reflections with differents kinds of lights or mirrors or balls of foils or whatever you might think up.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote