View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2006, 9:36 AM   #1
jerkules

This really isn't specific to a Pentax Dslr but that's what I shoot with so I posted it here. Plus I think the Pentax group is a smart bunch.

I was talking to this guy yesterday and we got in to the ususal "What do you do for a living?" I told him what I did (internal audit) and he said "I did that too but I had to resign" but I won't get in to the reason why. I think that was his first untruth because my position requires a collegedegree and this guy didn't have one. Then he told me that he had his wedding photography business and, of course, I became interested in talking about cameras. I told him I was a bit of an amateur photographer and I asked him what type of equipment he uses. He told me he was a Fuji man but shot the weddings with a Canon. He backed up and told me that he shot half and half digital and film. I wanted to dig a little deeper so I asked what type of cameras and he told me a Finepix and aCanon"film". Then he told me he used Photoshop and since this guy was a "pro"I wanted to know if he used CS and he looked at me like I was nuts. He had no idea what I was talking about and couldn't even tell me what version he was using. I told him that I was contemplating purchasing a fast lens and I got the same strange look like I was speaking Japanese to him. He then went on to tell me that he used to shoot for a newspaper but it went out of business (I'm guessing from the bad pictures they published).

Is this guy a liar or arethere really "professionals"like this? Sorry for the long post.
jerkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links