View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2006, 9:00 PM   #13
JimC
Administrator

DarkDTSHD wrote:
Quote:
Did I read you right? Crop first Apply second?
Yes... You read me right.

You press Crop to get to the Crop screen (as in the image I included in my first post to this thread).

Notice the crop box that I dragged around part of the iimage?

You size the crop box where you want to the crop to be after you select one of the available choices (4x6, 5x7, 8x10, manual).

Just follow the directions on the screen:

"Select a dimension below and then click and drag on the Image to select the portion of the image you wish to crop"

If you leave out that step, it won't know where to crop the image. You have to drag a crop box around the desired portion. All selecting a box size is doing is making sure the box stays at the desired ratio of width to height. You have to tell it how you want it cropped (by dragging the crop box around the desired portion to keep).

Then, when you press the Apply Button (visible in my sample above on the screen you're doing the cropping on), the image is actually cropped (leaving only the portion that was inside of the crop box). That will return you to where you can select the Export button at the bottom.

Then, when you export it, it will export a cropped version of it (along with any other edits you've applied).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote