View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2006, 5:15 PM   #114
nickough

I think people should be using their statutory rights more here! It's just happened to my camera with a couple of months left on a one year warranty! I read about the issue BEFORE i purchased the unit and have treated it with kid gloves!
This is what I am sending back to E-buyer with the camera.

'Dear Sir Madam

I am returning this product which I purchased from your company. This camera has had very minimal use and the command dial
function has ceased to work.
A simple piece of research on photographic sites and forums has shown that this is a
prolific problem among this model of Fuji (s9500) camera.

This camera is not fit for purpose and I will not be happy with a replacement or repair.
This problem has re-occurred with repaired models and it is clearly a design error. It is quite obviously a manufacturing defect
and an issue that your company will have to resolve with Fujifilm. It is not worthy of £400 price tag with this blatant defect.

I want a full refund or I will settle for another manufacturers product if you can provide an item that meets my
requirements.'

Notes:
THE KEY IS TO SEND THE CAMERA BACK AND DON'T TAKE 'NO' FOR AN ANSWER. DO NOT ACCEPT A REPLACEMENT UNIT OR REPAIR. However, this should be done through the purchasing shop/company and not Fuji!
NB: This is certainly a valid argument under UK consumer legislation, please check for other countries.

I'll let you know how I get on - it may require me to use the small claims court system etc (or at least threaten use of it) I have done it before and will do so again.
nickough is offline   Reply With Quote