Hello all! Some advice, if you can ... I'm after a camera/hybrid almost exclusively to record video clips whilst attached to my racecar's roll cage. Thus my wishlist is short but maybe unusual:
1) must record to MPEG-4 - so I can get plenty of footage on a card, produce clips which are manageablefor uploading onto YouTube or otherwise sharing without crashing the entire internet
2) must have a metal tripod mount
3) some form of image stabilisation would be useful (to try and even out the shakes of a harshly-suspended racecar)
4) something that's not too tall - ruling out odd-shaped stuff liked Sanyo's Xacti range; the higher above the mount the lens is, the more unstable the camera is, and thus the more shaky the footage is
5) something relatively inexpensive - and available in the UK, please!
Unlike a lot of people, I don't actually need any still image capability, as I already have an S3 and an Ixus 850for that.
So, anyone know of a camera that produces half-decent video footage (i.e. better than the Oregon action camera) without breaking the bank?