View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2007, 3:09 AM   #1
royce10

A triple digit heat wave rolled through our area last week, so I wasn't able to get out much for shooting. However, the weather cooled off nicely this weekend. Grabbing my gear, I headed out for some fresh air at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary.

1) This Red-tailed hawk came cruising in relatively low over a pond. Usually I spot them riding thermals way up in the sky. This is the first one I've captured this year.

2)

3) I was hanging out with some other bird photographers. When this little fellah came out from the marsh reeds, it was paparazi time. Evidently it is a Sora Rail, which is on the endangered species list.

4)

5) The 600mm club. We were all huddled on the concrete ramp at the edge of the pond. Some of these guys even had 1.4x teleconverters on their 600mm lens. Crazy! This is a very popular spot in the late afternoon because the light comes over your shoulder and baths the wading birds in golden front light. Check out the guy laying flat on his belly to get the low angle shots. I'm surprised the ants didn't eat him alive.

To be continued...

Thanks for looking.

- Hung

royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links