View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2007, 7:49 PM   #13
Trojansoc

tnaskedov wrote:
Quote:
I know you're in Hot Springs, do you have cool photos of the National Park? My wife and I were married in Yosemite and decided at that time to try and see them all. We're up to 14 in two years. Occasionally she has to go to Memphis for her job and I've thought I could go with and we could shoot over to see the park for a day or two.

By the way, I'm sure you're familiar with this. I'm dying to go out this weekend and take a thousand shots with the K10, but I have a baseball tournament...some timing, huh?
The irony is that I do very little shooting down in the National Park. We tend to not appreciate what we see every day. In recent years, the National Park Service has done a good job of restoring and reopening several of the bathhouses, such as the Quapaw shown below. One of the results of the renovation of the old downtown area that comprises much of the National Park is that the city has become an arts community, with a wide variety of national and international arts-related festivals, so if you make it this way, be sure to check the city's calendar of events.

One of the neatest places to shoot in this area is a botanical garden operated by the University of Arkansas. Depending on the time of year, that can be a "must-see" for a photographer. Should you make it over this way, let me know, and I'll try to help you with some ideas of places to shoot.

And yes, I do know about sports schedules interfering with ALL types of plans. I had to do PA for high school football last night and the state Senior Olympics this morning... kept me from a trip out into the woods.
Attached Images

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote