View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2003, 6:18 PM   #1
aaronwelch

Default Question about "Which Camera..."

Hello everyone! I am buying a Digital Camera for my Girlfriend who is majoring in Photography. She has never owned a digital camera but we used my fathers for awhile and we both loved it. It was easy to use and we could print out our photos on our HP Deskjet with decent quality. (We will upgrade to a photo printer later probably.)

I was leaning towards the FujiFilm FinePix S5000 with 3.1 Megapixels and a 10x Optical Zoom. ($360 from Amazon)

I figured that 3 Megapixels is average for todays Digital Cameras and the 10x Zoom is outstanding! I know she would love the zoom on this thing. However, should I be aiming more for Megapixels then Zoom? Can someone point out a few Digital Cameras that have high megapixels and high zoom or will at least except an aftermarket zoom lense for around the same price?

Sorry if I rambled a bit, I'm new to this stuff. My question is, can anyone recommend a high megapixel camera for around $360US that also has a high optical zoom (6x or better) or will at least except an aftermarket zoom lense?

Thanks in advance, Happy Holidays!

Aaron
aaronwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links