View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2007, 4:30 PM   #3
JimC
Administrator

What kind of test, and why would I want to waste memory card space on bursts, when I can get what I want with a shot or two? :-)

That kind of thing is very subjective, and the skill of the shooter comes into the equation, as well as the type of subject, lighting, lens used, etc.

For example, even my Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D wearing a Minolta 100mm f/2 gave acceptable performance for a kid's basketball game, other than my skill level shooting this kind of action. That's just a matter of practice.

The a700 is a much faster camera compared to a Maxxum 5D. It wouldn't have any trouble at all in most conditions I'd want to use a camera in. So, how good do you really need it to be?

If you dig around, I'm sure you can find some examples of fast action photos using the new a700. Hopefully, I'll get around to taking soon, too. I'll try to take some photos in bursts for you, too (despite the waste of memory card space). ;-)

In the meantime, here's a snapshot with the older Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D (a slower camera) at ISO 1600, using a Minolta 135mm f/2.8 Autofocus Lens at f/3.2, 1/250 second:

Here's another one with a Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D at ISO 3200 using a Minolta 135mm f/2.8 Autofocus Lens at f/2.8, 1/400 second.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote