View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2003, 2:04 PM   #4
Monst

Hi Eric, thank you for your reply. You are right that I often have trouble with the G2 and low light shots however, I'm slowly learning to overcome this and have had better luck of late. The picture of the old houseboat was from before the days when I understood the advantages of shooting exclusively in raw mode. So often when a pic turns out a little too dark I am able to adjust it in the raw conversion however with all my earlier stuff... I was very limited in what I could do with the JPGs. It never ceases to amaze me what pictures people like as so often, everyone has different tastes. I get allot of feedback over the shot "Venus over Fishermen" which was simply a lucky shot but my personal favourite is this one though...

http://www.pbase.com/image/24007762

Although very few agree with me on this. I will take your advice to learn more about my camera settings to heart and see if I can find some new tricks to help with the lighting. Thanks again for your help.

Cheers, Monst.

P.S. Barbera, I think your words are the most encouraging feedback I've ever received. Thank you very much and although I know I've still much to learn about photography.... responses like yours give me the incentive I need to stick my nose in the books and learn. I bet all of us would love to have a career surrounding our hobbies and interests however someone once told me that even the best photographers die poor, is that true?
Monst is offline   Reply With Quote