View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2007, 9:49 AM   #456
rgvcam

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Today I had a couple of times where the autofocus didn't work and I just got a blurry image. Each time I turned it off and it seemed to work but while it wasn't working, it didn't even work in manual focus. This has got me concerned. If it does it again it'll have to go back as I can't see it being a software glitch. Has this happened to anyone else?
Haven't seen that myself. Was it under low light or was the subject something that's difficult for the camera to focus on? See page 69-70 of the manual to be sure this wasn't the cause.
I was thinking it was that at first, but it was on subjects I could focus on before and should've been able to no problem. Also like I said, it seemed to have problems in Manual Focus. It would work part of the way except towards where it should be focused like it was getting stuck yet the zoom worked fine. In autofocus mode, you could see the autofocus work back and forth as usual, just it would set down on an unfocused image which did make me think it was a problem with contrast at first. NOt sure what to make of this. Well I will be taking it out again today. If it does it again, then it's definitely going back.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote