View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:41 PM   #1
Noahmama06

(edited to be a little more clear, last post was at like 1am:P)

Hi all I'm planning on getting a rebel xti but need some help choosing a lens. I've been doing a lot of reading the past few days and here's what I've come up with:

I could go with the kit lens and that would maybe leave me the money for a 50mm 1.4 or 85mm. Looking at photos, I really like what they do. I REALLY like the background blur (er bokeh?) with the 1.4 and how clear they look. Portraits I saw with the 85mm were so soft and pretty too. But would a 50mm act like an 85mm with the 1.6 crop factor on a rebel? Which one would you suggest?

The other route I could go is wait for the 50mm or 85mm, and go with something in the f.2/ 17-55 or 24-70 range?

I'll mostly be taking pictures of my busy 18 month old around the house, park, trips to the zoo and aquarium...that kind of stuff. I'd like something that could do well indoors. But something with some zoom would be nice to capture the expression on his face without me getting to close. If I use my feet to zoom he stops what he's doing and starts fussing cause he wants to try out the camera!It's cute he's a budding photographer, but crying babies aren't great for pictures I'd really like to try out some cool portrait stuff with the 50mm 1.4, if I can get him to sit still. But, don't know if the f.2 zoom would serve me better? I'm new to this so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Lauren
Noahmama06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links