View Single Post
Old Feb 29, 2008, 9:56 PM   #18
Dan1Dad

Below is the email they sent me when I applied for the Hotfix. In the next email is when they suggested the card reader. Which I bought a Diablotex 23in1 card reader today,, and I should know better than to go with the cheap one. I basically gave away $10. It sometimes works, you have to wiggle to pigtail usb cable to get it to come to life and it too wont read the 8 gig sdhc card. I get 4 more removable drives listed in explorer, but click on any it says insert media into drive. It also says it reads smartmedia, and there is a slot for it, but inside is a smaller connection port, so my older Toshiba smartmedia cards dont fit either. I tried my XD from my toshiba, my sd, my sdhc, and even my sony stick from my video camera. Nada.

MS support email.vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvv:shock::shock::?

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service.
I understand that you would like to obtain hotfix from Microsoft.
Currently the hotfix described in 923293: WindowsXP is not available for X64 bit.
I recommend contacting Microsoft Support Professional at (800) 936-5700 for further assistance. The working hours are Monday - Friday 5:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M. Pacific Time, Saturday - Sunday 6:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. Pacific Time.
I hope the issue is resolved soon and appreciate your patience in this regard.
Thank you,
Rupali
Microsoft Customer Service Representative
If you have any feedback about your Customer Service experience, please send them to my manager, Pramod Prabhakaran at http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=6998852 Please do not forget to indicate the name of my manager in the subject field.

Dan1Dad is offline   Reply With Quote