View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2008, 7:36 PM   #48
snostorm

2many wrote:
Quote:
Scott,

Your OTB bag,* is interesting, That could be something I am looking for.* My question to you is where did you get the lens pouches?
Hi Terry,

The lens pouches are made by Phoenix -- it's the same company that markets Phoenix lenses. I haven't been able to find them online, but a local dealer stocks them, so that's where I got them. They used to have a site where I did see something about them, but I can't find it now. . . You might ask a local dealer that stocks Phoenix lenses if they can order them. My lenses like 'em.

The only lenses I have that won't fit into one of the 3 sizes are the f2.8 WA zooms with 77mm objectives (too large a diameter), the Tam 300/2.8 (not even close!), and the MF Tokina 100-300/4 and 150-500/5.6 (both too long), but none of these are even close to normal-sized lenses.

Small is good up to the Tamron 28-75 f2.8, medium fits up to the FA* 300/4.5, and the large is a little tight, but it works for sizes up to the Tokina 80-200 f2.8 AFII. My dealer has them priced at from $8.95 to $14.95, but they are the most protective lens bags I've seen for reasonable money. they also have a large nylon web belt loop and a sturdy platic clip, so I can attach them to a heavy duty web belt if I want to carry some lenses while walking around without having to carry a bag.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote