View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:31 PM   #6
backyarder1

Thanks again Robert. I used to take pretty good photos in "the film" days. Or at least I thought I did. Now most of my photos seem incorrectly exposed or I have some other complaints with them. I do admit that I am trying to get more from my photos than I used to. I look at all the great shots here on this forum or on a few of the others and I am frustrated because I can't get the same results. I do think that I have a good eye and can "see" a good shot when it comes to composition, etc. I would just like the expertise of someone else who can say "you need to shoot at a faster speed" or "you definitely need a tripod for this shot" or "you are are never going to be able to capture that shot with that lens".

For most things in life, I think you can learn prettywell from reading the instructions or manuals. But trying to learn photography from reading manuals would be the same as trying to learn painting techniques from a book. It would seem a lot more effective to be in the company of the artist rather than just reading what he said about his techniques.

That's my humble opinion, anyway.

backyarder1 is offline   Reply With Quote