View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2008, 11:56 PM   #1
M. Bear

One very helpful thing I have learned on this forum is to really evaluate what kind of lenses I want to use, and to allow that to be a driving force in my camera purchase.

That being said, I want to get great portrait shots of my kids, and I understand a 50mm 1.8 would be a great (and economical!) fit. So, I've put that lens on the top of my list.

Now...

Nikon D60 was in the running for me, but since the 50mm won't autofocus on that camera, I'm considering a D80. Is it worth the bump for that lens? I'm also wondering if the Canon version of this lens will autofocus on the xsi, because if so, the choice could be xsi or D80.

While I'm at it, I'll throw another thing in the mix for anyone willing to comment. Bumping up to a D80 would reconfigure my lens plan altogether. With the D60 I planned to do the tried and true 18-55 and 55-200VR combo. With the D80, I think I would go 18-135 and 50mm to start, with hopes of adding a 70-300 in the near future.

Anyone care to applaud that plan? Or run screaming in the opposite direction? Thanks to those of you willing to lend an opinion.
M. Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links