View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2004, 9:07 PM   #11
Snowdrggn

theduke

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:56 pm Post subject: Help with Lens adaptors for s602 desperatly required.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All

Just joined this forum, hope you are all well.

At the moment I am in the market for an S602 but need to understand about lens adaptors:

The new S5000 looks like an SLR with the adaptor kit that comes with the camera. the S602 does not come with this adaptor. Can you use the same adaptor that come with the S5000? On the Fuji site the number of the S5000 adaptor is different to the one listed for the S602. The reason I ask is that I would like to make the S602 look like an SLR camera and I can't seem to find any pictures on the net showing the camera fitted with the Fuji adaptor. All the pictures of the S5000 show the camera with the adaptor attached and it does look very cool. The adaptor matches the width of the camera lens perfectly giving the appearance of an SLR lens. Would this also be the case on the S602?

Finally can you leave the adaptor in place like the S5000 and attach the lens cap to the S602 adapator recommended by Fuji ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

The Duke

theduke

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi djb

Many thanks for the response.

I was wondering if you had a photo of your camera with the adaptor attached. I have seen other adaptors but they don't seem to the same diameter as the lens casing they are slighly smaller. The s5000's adaptor is the same diameter as the lens casing so it flows along to give the impression of a larger slr lens.

I know that this may seem strange to be focusing on how the camera looks it lust that I was impressed with look of the s5000 and hoped to recreate it on the S602.

Again many thanks

The Duke

From DPReview Forum...

Hi All

Just joined this forum, hope you are all well.

At the moment I am in the market for an S602 but need to understand about lens adaptors:

The new S5000 looks like an SLR with the adaptor kit that comes with the camera. the S602 does not come with this adaptor. Can you use the same adaptor that come with the S5000? On the Fuji site the number of the S5000 adaptor is different to the one listed for the S602. The reason I ask is that I would like to make the S602 look like an SLR camera and I can't seem to find any pictures on the net showing the camera fitted with the Fuji adaptor. All the pictures of the S5000 show the camera with the adaptor attached and it does look very cool. The adaptor matches the width of the camera lens perfectly giving the appearance of an SLR lens. Would this also be the case on the S602?

Finally can you leave the adaptor in place like the S5000 and attach the lens cap to the S602 adapator recommended by Fuji ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

The Duke

AND
Many thanks for the response.

I was wondering if you had any photos of your camera with the adaptor attached so I could get more of idea on how it looks. I looked at the pics from the site that Ted sent me and they were interesting.

Again many thanks to you and all the replies

Thomas

(AKA "TheDuke")

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

CHECK THE LINK!!!!!!!!
Snowdrggn is offline   Reply With Quote