Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Sep 23, 2006, 5:42 PM   #1

Hello, I'm new to the forums and just had a quick newbe question. I'm looking at getting a Kodak P850 Lens adaptor 55mm. My question is will any 55mm filter fit this? Also any suggestions on filters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
silverm3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2006, 9:55 PM   #2

silverm3s wrote:
Quote:
Hello, I'm new to the forums and just had a quick newbe question. I'm looking at getting a Kodak P850 Lens adaptor 55mm. My question is will any 55mm filter fit this? Also any suggestions on filters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
Yes any 55mm filters would fit that! But wait.... you need the kodak lens adapter for the p850 to accept the 55mm filters.....

1 filter you should always keep on your camera at all time is the Skylight 1A Filter. This basically protects the lens.

A polarizer gives a more intense look from the blue sky, but still keeps a nice contrast with the white clouds......... If you happen to buy a polarizer, make sure you buy a circular polarizer, so your camera can autofocus right.... Do not buy linear because it will not auto focus properly..........

you can also buy teleconverters.........

a teleconverter is a lens that gives you more of a zoom range. Teleconverts are usually measured at 1.4X/1.5X/1.6X/1.7X e.t.c....... For example the kodak p850 at a normal range is 36mm to 432mm.With a 1.7X TCON your zoom will increase to(432X1.7=) 734.4mm. Your zoom would have increased to 734.4mm.

you can also buy wide angle lenses..........

a wide angle lens is a lens that gives you a more view in the photograph. For example, you can buy anywhere from around 0.4X to 0.8X wide angle lenses... Your camera at normal, no zoom is 36mm. With the Kodak 0.7X or the Olympus 0.7X wide angle lens, it would give you: 25.2mm.......

I have the olympus tcon which is 1.7X and im going to buy the raynox high quality 0.65X wide angle lens... both 55mm. of course......

tell me if this helps???

shooting_rubber..

shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:58 PM   #3

Thanks for the help! I've actually been thinking about the Olympus TCon-17. Do you have a sample photos you could post to give me an idea of what to expect from it?

Thanks again.
silverm3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:06 PM   #4

silverm3s wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the help! I've actually been thinking about the Olympus TCon-17. Do you have a sample photos you could post to give me an idea of what to expect from it?

Thanks again.
here you go...

shooting_rubber.

Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:16 PM   #5

Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:17 PM   #6

all of these photos are copyright, so do not save or copy them in any way

(C)Brenden P.