Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jun 22, 2003, 9:06 PM   #1

Default Olympus C740 adapter ring and UV lense?? What size?

Hi there gang. Can anyone tell me what ring adapter I need for an Olympus C740. I am in the market for the ring adapter and a UV filter. Perhaps a couple of 64 MB xD Picture cards. Anyone know if the third party market has began selling their version of xD Picture card?
Se ya,
Louis
louageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2003, 6:47 AM   #2

Louis -

The Oly CLA-4 adaptor ring has a 55 mm filter end on it and will take the TCON-17 telephoto lens if you are interested.

www.2filters.com has other adaptors available that will also fit. Their 52 mm filter end model seems to be the most popular as there are several other lens manufacturers that use 52 mm threads.

With regards to xD cards, both Oly and Fuji have branded cards on the market. I thought I read somewhere that Lexar was going to start making them also but I have not seen any (but then, I haven't drilled down the WWW looking for them either!?!) I would suggest that you consider a 128 meg card. I have this in my C-730 and can get quite a few SHQ pictures on it. I shot 80 pictures one day and didn't max the card out. I would not want to try and change out these small wonders on the fly for fear of dropping it and then not finding it.

Enjoy your C-740! Take lots of pictures.

Paul in NoVA
C-730 B-300
plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2003, 12:57 PM   #3

Default Many thanks!!

Thank you very much.
Se ya,
Louis
louageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2003, 7:41 AM   #4

Default Re: Many thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louageo
Thank you very much.
Se ya,
Louis
Louis, 2filters.com has excellent service. I live in Houston. I have placed 2 orders after hours and received both within 3 days. I went with their 45.6-52MM adapter instead of 55MM for my C-720 because I already have a 52 MM circular polarizer for my Minolta MAxxum. Another reason for the 52 is that 52MM can often cost a little less than 55MM. Another benefit is that the adapter is longer than the extended lens and offers protection when using the camera. I also got the 128 SM card for mine. Tiger Direct has good prices and usually good rebates available.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote