Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Dec 31, 2006, 6:18 PM   #1

...how well did I do with the purchase of this lens?

In the limited experience that I have had with it, it has pleased me quite a bit. But one must understand that this is only my second DSLR. My first (E500) was outfitted with the kit lens, that I had just a few months of possession with, and my present lens (on my Pentax K10D) has really amazed me. But, I guess my question boils down to this: could I have done better than this lens, at about the same pricepoint ($459) - or a little more? I just wonder if I could have gotten a faster/sharper 'walk-a-round' lens for my camera.

I bought from a local camera shop, which only had the camera bodies and - as I was SO anxious to get started - I purchased the Tamron. I had previously heard some decent things about it, but am now wondering as to how well I really did. I am awaiting the arrival of my battery grip, from the same store, and (depending on the input that I get, here) will exchange this lens for another.

The 'spontaniety' behind this lens purchase is very uncharacteristic of me. Normally, I research - high & low - before I shell out monies for anything. I am not ashamed to admit that the Shutter-Bug-fever has got me - REAL GOOD :-), and that I need to grow within the concerns of 'patience'.

I am hoping to find that my lens is a highly-regarded one, by you guys & gals. If not, I'll see what I can do about the seller ordering a different one for me.

Blessings,

Nathan
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2006, 9:00 PM   #2

Might ask in the dslr forum they might know more.

This isa forum for digicams (fixed lens) and their add-on lenses.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 9:52 PM   #3

Sorry 'bout that. Will do.

Thanks.
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote