Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Aug 18, 2003, 5:49 AM   #1

Default A70 adapter and filters

i am planning on getting an adpater for my canon A70 (the offical canon one) so that i can use filters and lens. i wanted to know firstly is it a 52mm thread and can i put more than one filter on at a time.
Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2003, 5:44 AM   #2

come on i know some body knows!
Old Aug 20, 2003, 2:37 AM   #3

I was going to ask the same thing as i want to get a wide lens for my A70
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 3:29 AM   #4

doesnt look like anyone wants to reply, ill try posting in the genral and canon forums
Old Aug 24, 2003, 4:12 PM   #5

Hi there, maybe I can answer some of the questions... I own the TC DC52 for Canon A70 with the proper lens adapter 52C... it is a 52mm thread and you cannot use more filters at once. Maybe if a filter fits onto the end of the converter (either tele or wide) then you can add a filter, but I haven't tried it yet
pavlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2003, 4:31 AM   #6

Perhaps I can clarify a little. Are you refering to just puting a filter on the adapter (without a teleconverter or something). If so it depends on the filter. Most filters have threads on both sides so if you are just putting filters on and the filters are threaded on both sides, you can stack as many as you want. In fact I store my filters that way and they make what are called stacker caps for doing that. In other words about 15 filters all screwed together. there is no reason you could not screw all 15 filters onto your camera or any combination you like (I don't know why you would want 15 filters on your camera though). Out of all my filters only one (a cromofilter t2 gradient filter) does not have front threads for stacking filters. The front and rear threads are going to be the same so you just get all 52mm and you can stack whatever you want.
Fyi yes the a70 adapter is 52mm.
If you are talking about stacking filters with lenses like the tc-dc52, it depends on the lens. the tc-dc52 does not have treads on the end so you cannot add filters on the end. You can put filters on first and then the lens but it may increase vinyetting. There are plenty of lenses (telephoto, wide angle etc.) that do have threads on the end for adding filters or stacking another lens on the end, but there are plenty that do not have front filter threads too. Also, be aware, the front filter threads are liklly going to be a diffrent size (usally larger), so a filter that will mount directlly on your camera adapter (52mm) will liklly be too small to fit on the front of the lens. You would have to get a larger filter.
richardh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2003, 4:36 AM   #7

thanks that helped!