Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Aug 19, 2003, 5:03 PM   #1

Default Adding filters ontop of a Oly WCON-0.7?

I was wondering if there was a way to add say a polarized filter to an Olympus WCON-0.7x wide angle lens? The reason I ask is I love the way my shots come out when using the 55mm polarized lens I have for my c-750uz but because of the cameras 38mm stock wideangle I sometimes have to compromize the angle of the shot to get it all in the picture. Now that I have purchased the wcon-0.7x wide angle lens for the camera I no longer have to compromise the shot....least in my opinion I don't. However, I am unable to use the polarized filter with the lens attached.

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to get the best of both worlds? Since the protective cover on the lens snaps over the outside edges in a very tight maner I was wondering if there was a large diameter polarized filter that might do the same thing.... or an adapter ring that would snap on that I could attach a filter to the lens with.... :?:

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2003, 6:53 PM   #2

Ahh man, im daft. I just realized that the 55mm filters I have allow you to also mount the telephoto and wideangle lens' to the filter. Looks like I answered my own question here. I will leave it posted for other peoples reference....and so I can look back at my daftness. :P
Old Aug 20, 2003, 12:03 PM   #3

Hey tkmckay,
Are you suggesting to put the filter in between the lens and the camera? I have been meaning to try this with my WCON.08 but have not had the chance. When you do can you post a photo of this? My concern is that the filter will makew a lot of light bounce within, rendering a soft, non-contrasty image. I am interested to see if that is noty the case.
Thanks, Tabasco.
tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 7:21 PM   #4

Well I didn't do alot of testing with and without the filter inplace from the same spot last night... and I also didn't take alot of shots that actually had the sun in it since most where taken in low light situations but I did get this one:

I'm not totally sure if the refraction pattern is caused by having the wide angle lens and then the filter or what. Maybe someone with a little more experience would like to shead some light (no pun intended) on the situation for us.