Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:44 AM   #1

Hey to all this is my first of many posts. I pick a site for each of my hobbies and stick with it. The site I came from I won't mention what it is. But, they were very rude and treated every newbie to computers and cameras as a tard to say the least. Computer help I'm the man for you. Audio video for homes too. Working out, diets, MMA any questions about those I can help you out. but, cameras I'm the newbie.

Ok lenses. Will they fit on a dmc-fz18k
hercules71185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:05 AM   #2

The Fz18 is a fixed lens digicam, however it can accept front mounting conversion lens (via an additional adapter), such as a teleconverter, a close up lens, various filters.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 12:32 PM   #3

While the FZ18 is listed as being compatible with conversion lenses the Pany web site doesn't list any specifically for the FZ18 nor do any of the accessory lenses list specifically the FZ18. The wide range of the FZ18 lens (28mm-504mm equiv.) reduces the utility of accessory lenses in any case.

By the way the path to good pictures includes study and practice but vary rarely depends on buying every last accessory for the camera. After using your camera for a while you will be in a better position to determine what might enhance the pictures you really want to take.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:58 PM   #4

Though some reviews list the DMW-LT55
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 4:18 PM   #5

I am fairly decent at photo manipulation and correction. Just I saw it had the 18x zoom aka 504mm @35mm And if you wanted close ups of something like the moon an extra boost would be kinda nice.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 4:49 PM   #6

Quoting from Steve's FZ18 review: "Panasonic offers optional 1.7x telephoto (DMW-LT55) and DMW-LC55 Close-up adapter lenses for the FZ18. The Panasonic DMW-LA3 Conversion Lens Adapter is required when using auxiliary lenses. There's also a DMW-LND46 ND filter and DMW-LMC46 MC protector. "

Hercules71185:

In the Panasonic forum,
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...orum.php?id=23, I know you've been there, there is a thread that indicates someone also adaped both Ricoh and Sony auxilary lenses to an FZ18.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 6:17 PM   #7

awesome thanks, I'll head over that way. I didn't know what catagory it would be best suited in.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 7:49 PM   #8

hercules71185 wrote:
Quote:
awesome thanks, I'll head over that way. I didn't know what catagory it would be best suited in.
I think it's a fair question in either forum but there appears to be a number of FZ18 users in the Panasonic forum so I'd expect a little greater specific FZ18 knowledge over there. I normally haunt the Kodak, Olympus and the non camera specific forums.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 10:49 AM   #9

most of the ultra zoom cameras have options for conversion lenses, you usually need a conversion adapter and then fit the lens on to the conversion adapter, like olymus sp-550/560 uses an adapter tube called CLA-10 then you can connect a 1.7x tele lens called TCON-17. i am sure panasonic has options like that too. i heard panasonic lenses are pretty expensive on their web site. if you want to try a cheaper way, i would recommend to visit panasonic web site, write down the names codes of the adapters and lenses you need then go to ebay and search for cheaper compatible versions of the same stuff. thats what i did with my olympus. but remember 3rd party products are usually much worse quality. again from what i read olympus lenses are one of the best when it comes to conversion lenses but again much more expensive then what you can find on ebay. it pretty much a gamble when it comes to lenses on ebay but u might want to give it a try, who knows maybe u'll be lucky and get ur hands on some good quality lenes for cheap.
whisky_n_whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:14 PM   #10

whisky_n_whisky wrote:
Quote:
most of the ultra zoom cameras have options for conversion lenses, you usually need a conversion adapter and then fit the lens on to the conversion adapter, like olymus sp-550/560 uses an adapter tube called CLA-10 then you can connect a 1.7x tele lens called TCON-17. i am sure panasonic has options like that too.
Be advised that Olympus actually has several TCON 1.7s and you have to drill down to the model #s to know which one you're getting. Probably the one listed for the Oly 560uz would be the most suitable for the FX18. That lens is also big and heavy.