Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:41 PM   #1

I am in Macro Photography mostly.. and I am wishing to buy raynox add on lens for my Panasonic FZ-30 bridge cam...
I just need help which one will be suited for Macro photography in Raynox lens set .. and where to buy.... Specifically at Toronto, Canada....

Thanks in advance

Liu
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:08 AM   #2

Great choise, Raynox lenses are real great, and pretty cheap too.

Unless you really really want those superextreme closeups, much closer than a regular DSLR 1:1 macro can take on its own, I would go for the DCR-150.

I only have the 250 myself, but I might buy an additional 150 soon just cause it seems much easier to work with (longer working distance) and also you can fit larger objects in it. The DCR-250 cant "go wider" than like 4cm across horisontally....that means fitting a normal sized flower or a normal sized butterfly isn't even worth trying...

So, depends on what you want to shoot.
Dont have a clue where you buy these in Canada, it was hard enough finding a store in Sweden that could bring them home

Good luck
sebastianr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2008, 6:14 AM   #3

Hi Sebaststianr ,

Thanks for the reply ....... Atleast I getting some where.... What I wish to know is this DCR-150 has magnification ration 1:1... Just wondering

One more question do I need a adaptor this for my Panny FZ-30

Liu

Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:41 PM   #4

It seems you wont need any converter for your camera, so you'll save some money on that.

The 1:1 ratio depends on the camera sensor size, so if you just want to know how close you can get its not interresting at all to compare it to the 1:1 mentioned on DSLR macro-lenses.

Anyway, the DCR-150 will, at full tele, capture around 2cm (slightly less than 1 inch) horizontally, and that is about the same as a 1:1 on a regular DSLR.
So, the DCR-150 lest you come really really close, but at the same time you have a really great working distance of up to 25cm (10") from the front lens.
Not many regular DSLR macro-setups that beat that...

But if you feel you want to photograph only the very tiniest bugs like tiny lices or tics, you might prefer the stronger DCR-250.
sebastianr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:25 PM   #5

Thanks a lot Sebastinar for reply... I am obliged......

I am going by your recommendation ... I have asked my brother to get DCR-150 for me.....

After using it , I may decide for DCR -250... B'coz I am interested to take a clear pic. of compound eye of a fly... May be DCR -250 may get me there....

Thanks once again

Liu