Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Oct 25, 2003, 11:05 AM   #1

Default DIGITAL OPTICS .45X PRO WIDE ANGLE LENS W/ MACRO - 52MM

i am thinkin of buyin this lens with oly 750. any user opinions please on wide angle and macro performance.

thanx
sanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2003, 9:56 PM   #2

Hi, I have the Digital Optics .45X with an Oly C750. The best result I can is about .63X. I am not happy with it, maybe it's jut me.
rbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 10:00 PM   #3

*cut and pastes*

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:38 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the digital optics lenses off ebay and have not recived them yet (differant seller) but appearently they are low quality lenses:

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=15736

See my post about my auction won and please follow these links:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=3497370 (sample photos)
and
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=6123848 (A review)

I'm just going to put my lenses and filters back on ebay and keep the cases and tripod.

From,
Joe
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 11:16 PM   #4

I kinda lean towards recommending the better Raynox lenses, especially their 6600Pro which has no barrel distortion at .66x (many lenses at .7x do have BD). There are ones that are wider (.5x, .24x) but they do have distortion (all depends on what you want). You can see the lenses on the C-750 at:
http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digi...50uz/index.htm

When there, you can click on the camera for sample images from that lens ON THE C-750 (not some other camera). They also have macro and supermacro lenses (which I'm thinking of buying).
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 11:51 PM   #5

thanx. that really saved me 100 dollars of nuisance.

thank you all
sanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2003, 3:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_PEAT
I kinda lean towards recommending the better Raynox lenses, especially their 6600Pro which has no barrel distortion at .66x (many lenses at .7x do have BD).
Are you sure about this? The following is 100% crop from the original 1024x768 image on Raynox' sample page (for Nikon Coolpix 5700). The yellow straight-lines were added to show the barrel distortion. While it may be better than most of the cheap wide angle lenses, this 6600Pro does exhibit noticeable barrel distortion. The situation would be more serious if the image was shot in the front and closer. Also keep in mind that the 6600Pro has a price tag of $100, which can be considered expensive, although it is not as expensive as the best ones (e.g., Nikon's WC-E80 and Olympus WCON-08B). Additionally, I have not seen a wide angle converter for consumer fixed lens digital cameras that has no barrel distortion.

CK
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam
Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500 User Guide
shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2003, 4:39 AM   #7

OK, maybe I'll reword to, "The 6600Pro has very little BD compared to other WA converters including Raynox's own .72x WA-Conv, but it is worth the cost." A lot depends on the camera you are using because BD seen in a WA-Conv...when the camera is at full wide angle also depends on how much BD is in the original lens...here's the sample pics with the Oly C-750 doing the same thing you did with the lines comparing the 6600Pro and 720 lenses (original images are from Raynox's site):

But please, try and find a .66x, or even a .7x that has as little barrel distortion as Raynox's .66x. Even my Canon .7x suffers from BD.

It's the nature of WA-Convs to have some BD, but the pictures I've seen of the Raynox it's hardly noticable (until you start drawing lines on it)...I'm sure you'd agree that it's certainly better than the .7x (certainly better than any .7x that I've seen).

I wished I had spent the extra money for the Raynox instead of the used Canon, but when money's better (after I buy the Raynox Macro lenses I'm after) I'll replace my Canon lens with the 6600Pro (because I'm tired of having to correct the BD with every picture I take with the Canon lens).
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote