Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:02 PM   #1

Default Add-on lenses and lens filters for panasonic fz35

I have purchased a Panasonic fz35. Although I am satisfied with the 18x zoom/24mm wide angle lens I see on Amazon and other sites that one can buy add-on lenses for this camera. Has anyone out there done this and would I be any happier with this camera with add-on wide angle and telephoto lenses?

Also, would this camera benefit from a set of 3 filters advertised on Amazon? (UV, CPL polarizer and FLD fluorescent filter?
wandmhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2010, 4:24 PM   #2

Cheap add-on lenses are useless and expensive ones not that great. Raynox and camera brand add-ons are among the better products. Add-on lenses can also be heavy and could damage the lens if attached directly to it.

A camera such as yours doesn't need the FLD fluorescent filter as the white balance control will correct that. CPL polarizer filters are only required on DSLRs, your camera only needs a regular polarizer which is less expensive. A UV filter is only useful to protect the front element of the lens and is a subject of intense debate for and against this use. Get the best quality top of the line filters such as Hoya SMC or B + W.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:57 AM   #3

Hi Bob,
Does that mean you wouldn't recommend a neutral density filter for the FZ 35 either?
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 6:05 AM   #4

ND filters are used in specific instances to "slow" down the camera so as to use a slower shutter speed or a wider aperture. Graduated ND filters (grads) are used to control situations of high dynamic range such as a bright sky and a dark foreground. They are not filters that you would leave on the camera at all times however.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote