Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honnes View Post
LTZ470, thanks for your input , I hate to ask, but can you take a few shots with both lenses of the same object (and trying the same distances) and post them, I'm dying to see the results
Honnes very sorry, but I am getting ready to board a flight to London and it won't be possible....I don't know where you live, but buy them both from AMAZON shoot for a week or so, and then return the one that you do not care for...i have done that many times for camera's and len's...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:35 AM   #12

Ah don't be sorry LT, you've been so very helpful, and yet again you are . I think I will order both and check them out, and post a small report here. No one can expect anything special from a beginner, but a few photos should do the trick of the report, lol!

Have a good trip and enjoy, and don't forget to take some photos with 'Arial mode', haha .

PS. I'm from the Netherlands
Honnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:12 AM   #13

Honnes, no problem, although I use Fujifilm HS10 now... in my heart Panasonic is still the king hehehehe.... I am now saving money to get Panasonic LX3 or Lx5.....

Good luck and hope you can get the best out of LC55 and/or DCR-250
shewsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:01 AM   #14

I decided to visit a store which is like 2 hours away from my place, in which they have lenses and such, and also others. I think I will try out the lens(es) over there and see what's best for me .

As for the LC55 and DCR-250, I heard from a friend that they probably are (almost) the same, except that LC-55 is made by Panasonic, and DCR by Raynox

I'm very excited going there and check it out
Old Aug 9, 2010, 8:41 PM   #15

Honnes-

I just spent 35 minutes writing a a long explanation complete with a photo which I had to go take to insert into the post. But I just lost it. So I will come back later and start again.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2010, 9:10 AM   #16

Gosh, I feel sorry for all the lost time and efforts Sarah . I sometimes have it that I go on 'preview' and then forget to submit.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 5:49 PM   #17

Hi Honnes, I'm in the same boat as you, can't decide which lense is the right one for me! Could you post the results from your comparison of the LC-55 and the DCR-250 when possible? Thank you
brownie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2010, 4:38 AM   #18

I have had contact with a company who sells both, but told me that they only got the DCR-250 on stock, because they don't sell much of the LC-55, and in their opinion, they would recommend the DCR-250 (But that could be because they only have those on stock).

I wish Sarah didn't lose all her work she put in making a complete explanation with photo, I'm rather sure that it would give lots of information and help on deciding which one to get.

But, I think I'll just order the DCR-250 from 1 store, and the LC-55 from the other store, and check it out, as I'm really dying to know which one is better, but as for the moment, I can't afford to get both, which means I'll have to wait a week or 2
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSykes View Post
Bump. I'd like the answer to this too. And can you put the hoya filter on the add-on lens to protect it or does it have to go the other way round?

And are there any other useful add-ons to the FZ38? I was wondering about a slave flash as when doing very close macros the lens itself blocks the light from the flash so it would be nice to be able to light from somewhere else. (I suppose it doesn't need to be a flash and a good torch would do the trick?)
Only just joined the forum therefore late reply. You need a ring light, can be easy DIY. goto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hx20...eature=related

Skully
skully is offline   Reply With Quote