Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Dec 21, 2003, 8:15 AM   #1
Per

Default Tele-lens for Canon G3

Hello everyone, my first post here!
Im about to buy a tele-conversion lens for my Canon G3, because I want be able to take pictures of subjects that is likely to run/fly away if you get too close. And I also would like to get the background blurred when I take it from a distance (10m from the subject or more), I wonder if that can be done when the focus setting on the camera becomes infinity after 5 meters? (but maybe the scale only applies to max wide-angle?)

Sofar ive found three lenses that seems good:
Raynox DCR-1540PRO 1.54x
Raynox DCR-1850PRO 1.85x
Canon TC-DC58N 1.75x

Though id like to have an even larger magnification, do you know any good lenses with something around 2.5x perhaps? Would that be possible with good quality? And what are your thoughts on these?

Thank you! And Merry Christmas!
Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2003, 1:36 PM   #2

Tiffen mega plus has power of 2x - canon TC-DC52 (52mm) has it beefed up to 2.4 but it is intentioned for A70, A80, but with step up ring (52mm to 58mm) it may fit and used on G3.

There are many to choose from
marz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 5:13 PM   #3

Tiffen mega plus has power of 2x - canon TC-DC52 (52mm) has it beefed up to 2.4 but it is intentioned for A70, A80, but with step up ring (52mm to 58mm) it may fit and used on G3.

That's an ineresting idea. It would fit on a 52mm lensmate. Has anybody tried this combination?
jwhig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhig

That's an ineresting idea. It would fit on a 52mm lensmate. Has anybody tried this combination?
Try Kenko KNT-20.
http://kazutoku.maxs.jp/Zoom_Club/TELE/index_eng.htm

If you are using G3, TCDC52 is not for you. Although TCDC52 has 2.4x, the eyepiece glass is less than 25mm diameter and you will get vignetting all thru' the G3 zoom range.
orion999 is offline   Reply With Quote