Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Aug 9, 2002, 9:27 PM   #1

Default Need help with Sony MVC CD1000 add on lens

Just purchased a 2X telescopic lens for our Sony MVC CD1000 digital camera. This camera has a 10x Optical Zoom and we were hoping that this new lens would double that. The info that came with it seemed to indicate to use the Manual setting on T, but the pictures were not clear. I called a local camera store that sells Sonys and he said that all I needed to do was snap on the lens and put the camera on Auto as I usually do. The pictures I took at the maximum distance did seem clearer, but too many of them appear fuzzy. Just what should it be set on and what else do I have to set to get perfect pictures?
Vera
Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2002, 12:29 PM   #2

Use a tripod and a cable release or a remote release. If you've ever used 20X binoculars, you'll remember how it was impossible to hold them steady.

If you HAVE to handhold, use the fastest shutter speed you can and try to prop against something. A small beanbag on top of a car will work, too.
JimHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2002, 3:55 PM   #3

Default Need help with Sony MVC CD1000 add on lens

Thanks Jim for the info. I'm not too sure that there is a cable release or remote control for this camera. We have changed the shutter speed and will practice some more and make additional changes if necessary till we get it right.
Vera
Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2002, 11:53 PM   #4

Tripod helps even if you don't have a cable release. Also, if you're doing this kind of thing a lot, you can rig or buy a bracket and cable. Here's one example:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~drcannon/cp950/cablerelease.htm
JimHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2003, 4:50 PM   #5

Vera,

A wee while back I joined a Yahoo group conference called "birds-pix" and I am really impressed by the photos of one member who uses a CD1000 + a 1.7x lens. His id is Phil_Musta and although the other members of the group have cameras with more megapixels which are connected to expensive spotting scopes, his photos are always impressive, very detailed and very clear.

I hope he does not mind me referring to his name in this conference, but if you have a look at his photos, you will see what I mean.

Regards
Susan
tarves57 is offline   Reply With Quote