Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Dec 31, 2003, 10:53 PM   #1
EG1

Default Fisheye Lenses for Fuji Finepix 3800???

Can anyone give me any info on where I can purchase some FISHEYE Lenses. I figure that my camera is 55 mm ( that is what it says on the adapter lens that it comes with). Without the adapter, the lenses say 36 mm. Can anyone confirm.

I really want to buy some fisheye lenses for my camera. If you know of a place, I would greatly appreciate it. Please Help me!
EG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2003, 11:15 PM   #2

Default Re: Fisheye Lenses for Fuji Finepix 3800???

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG1
Can anyone give me any info on where I can purchase some FISHEYE Lenses. I figure that my camera is 55 mm ( that is what it says on the adapter lens that it comes with). Without the adapter, the lenses say 36 mm. Can anyone confirm. I really want to buy some fisheye lenses for my camera.
You have a possible and easy solution. Try the Nikon FC-E9. It has a 46mm thread, and a 55-46mm step-down ring is required. The only unknown is how much coverage you will get. More precisely, I am not sure if you will have a full circular image or the top and bottom portion may be clipped. But, it is worth to give it a try as I have successfully put the Nikon FC-E9 on a DSLR. Since the lens must be zoomed to somewhere larger than 24mm which is equivalent to 36mm on a SLR, I would guess the clipped portion may not be very significant. See the following post for the details.
http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=18414

CK
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam
Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500 User Guide
shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2003, 11:19 PM   #3
EG1

Thank you for replying quicky. I checked out your thread. I must say that looks very nice and clean. One bad thing though, How come it makes all the images small? Is that the product of the smaller Fisheye lens? Thanks again.

I was just searching the web and came upon another info. It seems that my camera has a 67 mm front len's thread. (what exactly does this mean?) Thanks again Shene.

For everyone else: Any input given would be appreaciated too! Thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2004, 12:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG1
One bad thing though, How come it makes all the images small? Is that the product of the smaller Fisheye lens?
It may not be a bad thing. The FC-E9 is made for the Coolpix 5700. As long as it can project an image circle that is smaller than the image circle of the 5700 at 35mm, the 5700 will get a circular fisheye image with a coverage of 180+ degree. Thus, if the image is small on your cam, just zoom in a little will solve the problem as it will not change the angle of view of the fisheye lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG1
I was just searching the web and came upon another info. It seems that my camera has a 67 mm front len's thread. (what exactly does this mean?)
Don't worry about this either. The 67mm thread is the size of the adapter tube for your cam. As long as you can find step-down rings that can bring the thread size to 46mm, you still can use the FC-E9. Check here http://www.2filter.com/prices/produc...pterrings.html for step-down rings. It seems a 67-55mm and a 55-46mm (67-52 and 52-46) step-down rings will get the job done. Buy those good and thin rings because they will bring the fisheye lens closer to your camera lens.

CK
shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2004, 10:27 AM   #5

http://raynox.co.jp/comparison/digit...4.htm#dcr-5000

You might look at the Raynox site: Fisheye and multiple w/a adapters are available, in addition to some telecons. The DCR 6600 Pro provides superior linearity in final images, if you have an interest in a w/a versus the fisheye.
Damien* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2004, 1:43 AM   #6
EG1

Hey, thank you guys so much. You have been very informative. I have my work cut out. I will look into it more and make up my mind. Thanks again guys .