Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jan 3, 2004, 10:22 AM   #1

Default A80 - Lensmate adapter

I just purchased the TC-DC52a and LA-DC52d for my a80 and i think it is very good. Pictures turn out nice and crisp.

However, this morning i saw online this new product. Its called the Lensmate adapter. It states that it uses a 37mm filter size so there is less vignetting,doesnt block the AF assist, etc. Does anyone know anything about it? I am not sure if it is out yet but their site makes it sound good.

Lensmate also says it will be making one that will fit my existing TC-dc52a telephoto. I wonder if their adapter will cause less vignetting.

I like my LA-dc52d adapter but if this new Lensmate adapter will have less vignetting, should I buy that one too? or should i assume any adapter using 52mm will have the same vignetting as the LA-dc52d?

I saw it on this site.

http://www.lensmateonline.com/A80adapter.htm

Herman
lowly_cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2004, 12:19 AM   #2

Default Re: A80 - Lensmate adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowly_cook
I just purchased the TC-DC52a and LA-DC52d for my a80 and i think it is very good. Pictures turn out nice and crisp.

However, this morning i saw online this new product. Its called the Lensmate adapter. It states that it uses a 37mm filter size so there is less vignetting,doesnt block the AF assist, etc. Does anyone know anything about it? I am not sure if it is out yet but their site makes it sound good.

Lensmate also says it will be making one that will fit my existing TC-dc52a telephoto. I wonder if their adapter will cause less vignetting.

I like my LA-dc52d adapter but if this new Lensmate adapter will have less vignetting, should I buy that one too? or should i assume any adapter using 52mm will have the same vignetting as the LA-dc52d?

I saw it on this site.

http://www.lensmateonline.com/A80adapter.htm

Herman
I think the lensmate 37 adapter does help in reducing flash blocking, but it could not help in *efficiently* reducing vignetting. For every add on tele/wide lens adapter like TC-DC52a it has an optimal distance to fit between the built-in lens of DC and the addon lens. That's why canon has to release an adapter tube specifically tested for providing the proper distance.

Although simply pulling the tele/wide lens closer to the camera might help in reducing vignetting, the image quality at the edge of the photo taken will be reduced too. You can always have a quick test holding your tele/wide lens sticking with your A80 without the use of adapter and see what it results.
orion999 is offline   Reply With Quote